We're sure your most important wish is to see the dance-floor packed with all your friends and family having a great time. We ALWAYS achieve this, and you’ll enjoy yourself even more knowing all your guests are happy.
Essence DJ's are headed by Tim Thorogood, a professional DJ, musician and owner of this company. He was the regional finalist for ‘Best Wedding DJ’ in the 2017/18 Wedding Industry Awards (so in the top 7 in the South East) plus short-listed ‘Best DJ’ in the Essex Wedding Awards (he actually won ‘Live Act of the Year’ with his live band). You've one opportunity to get this right so you need a DJ that lives and breathes music and DJ's several times a week so is always at the top of their game! Due to demand, Tim leads a hand-picked team of equally professional DJ's that under his guidance allow them to deliver their high-quality service to a wider audience. Each of these DJ's has experiece of over 2500 weddings and are all pleasant, courteous, approachable and well-spoken professionals.
Note: There is a lot of "Emperor's New Clothes" in the wedding industry with some companies publishing ridiculously inflated prices yet immediately offer discounts to imply you're getting an 'elite' service at a lower price. There will always be 'cooked up' reasons why you can save £1000 if booked today (e.g. the DJ is local to you, no accomodation is required or they're recommended by the venue). Therefore, please just be aware. We prefer to start with a sensible price, we're not greedy and as we're recommended by so many venues we save a fortune on advertising so don't have these costs to pass on. .
Considering a 'Club' DJ?
We get it, you love your dance anthems, don't want anything cheesy and really want a club atmosphere! In which case we would supply a DJ from that background.
But..........from experience, even if you spend thousands on an 'Ibiza' DJ, unless all your guests are the same age, it will only be an hour before guests start asking for Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Clean Bandit, Mr Brightside, Motown etc. Club music does work at weddings but the timing is critical but we would not recommend it all night. The key to a successful party is to play a complete MIXTURE to include everyone. We would only ever play anything 'cheesy' if specifically requested by yourselves - we guarantee a packed dancefloor and have never failed!
What you get in our "Evening Disco" package.
- Expertise - A friendly and courteous professional DJ with experience of 2500+ weddings.
- The latest 'modular' disco booth system - Colour matched to your scheme (we can supply traditional black starlit booths if required).
- Theatre grade sound system - A much higher specification than most of our competitors. A professional system like ours ‘cruising’ along will sound infinitely better than smaller cheaper systems on full blast. It makes a such difference! Pssst! ……we’re not too loud either!
- Amazing lighting - We use an impressive array of intelligent effects lighting, projections, lasers and also include 4x uplighters to really create a party atmosphere.
- Thousands of music tracks - Plus we always keep up to date with latest releases.
- Fully legal - £10 Million public liability Insurance and PAT tested equipment.
- Peace of mind - Contracted bookings plus stand-ins and duplicate equipment in the event of illness or accident (hence our 25 year, 100% reliability track-record).
- Free text a request service - playing exactly what you and your guests want!
- REDUCED PRICES - ON ANY DAYTIME LIVE WEDDING MUSIC (e.g. pianists, harpists, string quartets etc) booked from Essence Music.
We welcome a list of songs in advance (assume 12-15 songs per hour) and we're equally happy to take requests on the night. Our free 'Text a Request' service is also incredibly popular. Here we hand out little 'iPhone' cards allowing guests to text requests directly to the playlist.